Governor Wolf Statement on the Resignation of Attorney General Kane

first_img August 16, 2016 Statement Harrisburg, PA – Governor Wolf released the following statement on the resignation of Attorney General Kathleen Kane:“What has transpired with Attorney General Kane is unfortunate. Her decision to resign is the right one, and will allow the people of Pennsylvania to finally move on from this situation.“I have full faith and confidence in the employees of the Office of the Attorney General and know that they will continue to perform its most important functions including protecting consumers and prosecuting criminals. Moving forward, I will work with both Republicans and Democrats in the Senate regarding any potential appointment of an Attorney General.”# # #Like Governor Tom Wolf on Facebook: Facebook.com/GovernorWolf Governor Wolf Statement on the Resignation of Attorney General Kanecenter_img SHARE Email Facebook Twitterlast_img read more

Zambia To Camp In Europe Ahead Of World Cup Qualifier Clash Against Nigeria

first_imgRelatedBEACH BOYS: Gernot Rohr And Victor Agali Enjoy Elegushi Beach [PICTURES]September 10, 2017In “Lifestyle”Kelechi Iheanacho: The confidence level in camp is high.October 4, 2017In “Nigeria”Rohr Embarks On Player Scouting Mission Ahead Of Zambia ClashSeptember 11, 2017In “Africa” The Chipolopolo of Zambia are set to camp in Europe ahead of next month’s crunch 2018 World Cup qualifier clash against the Super Eagles of Nigeria.Nigeria tops group B of Africa’s 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifier with 10 points after four rounds of matches, three above second placed Zambia who must defeat the Super Eagles in Uyo to keep their World Cup dreams alive.Speaking to Zambian reporters, FAZ president, Andrew Kamanga said: “We have asked the technical bench draw a training programme for the next game and where we can camp the team,”“But as FAZ we have plans of camping the team in Europe for adequate preparations and again it is easier for the team to connect to Nigeria and also for the foreign-based players travel for the game.”Nigeria will host Zambia in Uyo next month in a must win game for the Chipolopolo, with the Super Eagles of Nigeria needing only a draw to confirm their place at the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.last_img read more

DERRY BURGLARY SUSPECT SPENT SIX MONTHS IN DONEGAL

first_imgA burglary suspect was detained at a house in Derry after spending six months in Donegal, a court in the North was told.The man suspected of breaking into the house at Prehen Park was linked by a fingerprint on a window. Shane McAnenny is also accused over a later cash robbery at a convenience store in the Waterside area.The 24-year-old, of Dervock Place, Derry, faces two counts of burglary and theft.A judge was told he was detained last month after police forced their way into his home and found him hiding with a co-accused.Mr McAnenny was said to have returned to the city after spending six months living across the border in Donegal.Crown counsel Nicola Auret said he was first arrested over the raid on an elderly woman’s home last June.The barrister told the court: “She was in her bed when at 2.15am she was awakened by someone trying to take her watch from her wrist.“She opened her eyes to find a male standing over her. She shouted and he ran off.”Ms Auret said car keys, £15 in cash, a gift voucher and gold chain were among the items stolen, as well as the jar which was of “great sentimental value”.None of the items have been recovered.Following the fingerprint match Mr McAnenny was arrested and alleged two other men had been involved.He denied being in the victim’s bedroom or attempting to take the victim’s watch, claiming to have left as soon as he realised an elderly woman lived there, the court heard.The accused had been released on police bail, only to allegedly become involved in a raid with another man on a Vivo store in August.Granting bail, Mr Justice McLaughlin indicated it would not be proportionate for the accused to spend the next four-five months in custody.The judge imposed an alcohol ban, curfew and and banned the accused from travelling to Donegal.DERRY BURGLARY SUSPECT SPENT SIX MONTHS IN DONEGAL was last modified: April 21st, 2011 by gregShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)last_img read more